Angel, Omega, and Deborah. Angel is a performer… She loves to sing and dance, especially as an act of worship to her Father. Omega is the queen of goofy faces. I don’t think I have one picture of her that does not include her making a funny face. She also loves to laugh. Deborah is a super mom in the making. Not only is she beautiful, but she is graceful and elegant in the best way that a 6 year old can be.
Omega, Christine, and Olga. Once again, there’s Omega- this is probably the closest to a normal picture that she has! Christine lives at Alma house, and that little ball of energy quickly won my heart over. I would pay a million dollars to put her in a loving Christian home… She has a playful, fun-loving spirit, and a joy that is unmatchable. Olga is HILARIOUS. She doesn’t speak English, and still hasn’t mastered my name. She just calls me “ay, muzungu”. I’m over trying to teach her to say “Auntie Becca”.
Irene and Olga. I didn’t get a chance to get to know Irene as well as I would’ve liked. After the time I spent with her at Centre Day, she became very timid and shy around me. She doesn’t seem to have a lot of confidence in herself, so I have made it a point to tell her how beautiful she is every time I see her. And then there’s Olga… Again. Mom and Dad… If you thought I had a lot of energy when I was a kid, then you need to meet Olga. This girl has got me beat, hands down.
Christine and Deborah. Christine has this amazing talent to change facial expressions in an instant. She can look at you without smiling for hours and then suddenly start laughing. This is one of her many joyous faces:) And then there’s Deborah. She spent a week at Wentz Medical Centre, unable to stay awake because she was so sick with malaria. She’s only been back at Bethany Village for 4 days now, but she is more radiant than ever. Praise God for his healing power!
Joanna… Deborah’s 4 year old sister. Just like her older sister, Deborah is a light that shines more brightly than any I’ve ever seen. She is full of smiles and giggles, and she’s the best helper of any 4 year olds I can imagine. Joanna also loves to hold my hand… And that’s the key to my heart.
Timothy is Joanna and Deborah’s 8 year old brother. By the way, Timothy, Deborah, and Joanna belong to Uncle Willy and Aunt Millie. Willy is the Bethany Village projects manager, and Millie is the head nurse at the clinic by the school. They are one of the most amazing families I have met since I’ve been in Uganda. Timothy and I bonded for the first time over a tickle fight… I won, of course. But ever since then, he has been my little companion. He seems to find me wherever I am and never leaves my side. He is faithful and he is loving. I am excited to see the godly young man that he turns into.
I wish I could share all of my pictures, but there are just too many. As soon as I get back in the states, I’m going to set up an album on my facebook page that will be full of pictures of all the true beauties at Bethany Village. I encourage you to check it out when that time comes… Because these are only a small glimpse of the faces of the children of God in Uganda!
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.”
1 John 3:7-11
No comments:
Post a Comment