I quickly learned that over the 4 hours the kids were at school, I was their babysitter and NOT their teacher. The only word that I knew to use was “no” because it seems to be part of a universal language. As hectic as it was, I promise you it was also hilarious. As a person with OCD, it’s extremely hard to be in a room full of chaos like that. But those mornings, God brought me a sense of complete and total joy, and I took the opportunity to take some precious pictures of the kids in Top Class.
I think God is really giving me glimpses of what He desires for my life… For my future career, for my future lifestyle, for my future travels. It’s been a blessing to feel the arms of our loving God wrap around me, and see His truth brought forth. One of the places I believe I see the joy of the Lord is in the faces of the kiddos. Check out this picture I took of some students taking porridge outside during their morning break… In the dirt. With the livestock.
Life in Uganda is simplistic. Life in Uganda is communal. Life in Uganda is a blessing from God.
“Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told.”
Habakkuk 1:5
“Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength.”
Habakkuk 3:17-18
No comments:
Post a Comment