Monday, June 7, 2010

And so it begins...

It's been approximately 36 hours since I left Texas... And now I'm sitting in my hotel in Dubai, waiting a few more hours before I have to get on a plane again. This city is ridiculous. Everything here costs like a million dollars. Except for postcards which were like $2. So I bought 3. :)

God has proved faithful already, even in these early stages of the trip! Everything has gone so smoothly, and I honestly don't even feel exhausted yet. I will be landing in Uganda 12 hours from now, but I though I'd give a sneak peak into what has happened thus far... Enjoy!



CHICAGO! I had never been there before, so I wanted to take a picture to capture the essence of it all- from the plane. I want to go there again someday.



KIMBERLY! Kim met up with me in New York, and she is amazing. I can already tell we're going to be great friends. Kim is from Minnesota, but goes to school at BIOLA in California. She has been to Uganda before, so her insight and knowledge of everything is very helpful.



EMIRATES! Coolest airline in the world. I'm never flying Southwest or American again. Now that I've experience wireless internet, an individual screen with unlimited movies, television episodes, podcasts, video games, and radio, a hot towel to wipe my face every few hours, full meals, and pretty much anything you want to drink for free... I'm sold and I'm never turning back. Not to mention... The plane was so big, I didn't even have to duck as I walked through the aisles! :)



DUBAI! Absolutely amazing city. Kim and I went on a 2 hour night tour to see all the famous sights in Dubai... The tallest building in the world, the Persian Gulf, the mosques, etc. Everything's crazy expensive, but a really cool sight to see. This picture was taken at the Atlantis resort on Palm Beach in Dubai... I want you to Google it. Then you can see for yourself how obnoxious this place is! The suite on the top of the resort is $36,000 PER NIGHT. I mean SERIOUSLY?!?! Do they know how many children they could provide food and education for with that money?! AH!

Ok, that's all at the moment... There will be more soon! But for now...

IT'S TIME TO GO TO UGANDA!

2 comments:

  1. Becca...what a special young lady you truly are! I'm so excited to be able to follow your journey on your blog! Know that you are in my prayers and that it seems everyone you come in contact with falls in love with you! Your parents are so blessed to have a wonderful daughter like you! God bless, sweetie, and keep you safe! Hugs! Winnie Brazill/Freeport, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that you have a bunch of people praying for you & Kimberly! Got your message that you made it ok. Don't know why my cell didn't ring, your call went right to messages. I'm Soooooooooo proud of you & love you. I will be following your blog and will be anticipating your next call.
    love >>> DAD

    ReplyDelete