June is the month I leave for Uganda. Today is the first day of June.
The last couple weeks have been a roller coaster. Some days I am excited and anxious and can't wait for the adventure to begin. Other days, I am scared, worried, and doubting. Today, however, I am ecstatic.
I can't believe I leave in 5 days! I went shopping today and got all of the random things that I will be needing to travel and live overseas. As I walked through the store, I began to think of some things that I would really appreciate prayer for:
-My parents: I think the reality of what I am doing is beginning to sink in, and they are beginning to get nervous and worried about my traveling.
-My ability to engage 100% with the kids I am working with there: I want to be able to push aside and let go of things that are going on at home for that month so that I can be completely focused and not pulled away by the devil's distractions.
"All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God."
Psalm 86:9-10
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse."
Romans 12:9-14
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment