Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Whoop? Yes, Whoop.

If I whooped, today would have been the day that I would have let out one of those obnoxious Aggie "Whoops". Why, you might ask? Because God is so stinking ridiculous... Ridiculously amazing. I am constantly doubting and freaking out if things fall through or don't go the way I was expecting them to go. I don't trust God the way I should. My faith is lacking. I don't understand why he loves me so much, or what motivates him to constantly pour out his grace on me... But he does! It seriously blows my mind.

"Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable... The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made."
Psalm 145:2-3,8-9

The past week, I have completely lost contact with the girl that I was going to travel with. At this point, I'm not sure what's going on. And understandably, I haven't been sleeping well. I was riding the fence between confidence in Christ and complete doubt, but slowly beginning to lean more towards the "freaking out" side. Okay, now rewind back to Sunday night. If you read my last blog, I mentioned that Juliette spoke about Bethany Village at church and then I had a chance to briefly share about my potential trip. Well... Monday morning I checked my email before class and found a message from a girl named Kate. She is roommates with two of my sweet friends from church. Here's what it said:

"Ok so I have been asking the Lord about going to Uganda in June, and Erika and Morgan told me about how you are going to Uganda in June... Craaazy, I know. Erika told me about Bethany Village and I'm SO interested... I was just wondering if we could talk or you could tell me more about it/dates/costs/etc?"

Is God not incredible? But it gets even better... This is the message I got just this afternoon:

"Ummm ok SOooOoO... drumroll please!! I think I'm GOING!! Ooooooh my goodness!! I was praying the Lord would speak to my mom's heart before I spoke with her, and when I talked with her about it, she just said, well I think if this is something you want to do, then you should do it!!! Ah!"

Once again, God has proved faithful. I get to serve God's people on the other side of the world. I get to pour out love on orphans. I'm going to Uganda in 45(ish) days.

"Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
praise him, all creatures here below;
praise him above, ye heavenly host;
praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost."

"Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness!"
Psalm 150:1-2

"Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting. The Lord builds up Jerusalem; he gathers the outcasts of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure."
Psalm 147:1-5

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever; who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free."
Psalm 146:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment