I never thought I'd be a blogger. I never thought I would enjoy sharing my life, my thoughts, my mistakes, my embarrassments, or my joys with the world. But my best friend inspired me; she is quite an inspiration, actually. I always try to go online and read her blog because it is such an encouragement to me. I love seeing her growth and her realizations of truth, and I can always keep tabs on what she's up to through her blog. Recently, she encouraged me to start a blog to document my struggles and triumphs as I strive to go to Uganda this summer. So, Brynn Anderson- this is for you.
This past fall, I joined an organization at Texas A&M University called The Wells Project (check us out- http://vimeo.com/9404961). Our goal and focus is to raise awareness on campus and raise funds to send to Living Water International (check them out too- http://www.water.cc/) who will, in return, dig water wells in Africa. The heart of our mission is to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Living Water, by providing clean drinking water. In other words, "Providing a Cup of Water in Jesus' Name." Anyway, I began to fall in love with everything about Africa, just from watching videos (such as this one- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8j_g9URG0). My heart began to melt for the African people, their culture, their physical needs, and their desperate need for the gospel in order to have the hope we have in Christ. So... I began searching. I knew I wanted to spend my summer in Africa. But where? And doing what? And when?! I began to pray. A lot. And then I filled out some applications. And then I talked to some people. And then I waited. And waited. And waited. And waited.
That's all for now, but that's only the beginning of the story. There is so much more to it. Because God is good and faithful and just.
"Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.' Then I said, 'Ah Lord! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.' But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord.'"
Jeremiah 1:5-8
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Becks!!! I am so honored that you started a blog!! Welcome to the world of sharing :) God is working wonders in your life and I am so blessed to be able to be a part of it.
ReplyDeleteLove you girl!
You are a blessing in my life!!!
ReplyDeleteI Praise God that he has blessed me with you in my life!
Love > Dad!