Thursday, May 27, 2010

Single Digits

9 days until I leave for Uganda. That means I have entered single digits. That means I leave really soon. I can't believe how quickly this time has approached me. I have yet to begin thinking about packing or any preparation other than those stinkin' shots. It still seems unreal. I can't help but think, "Is it really gonna happen?"

Today, for the first time, I realized that life is still going to go on here while I'm gone. Crazy, I know! But for some reason, I'm selfish enough that I actually had forgotten that the world continues to revolve when I'm not present. Community Church is still going to meet to worship, my family is going to happily watch CSI without me, my kids at work will never know I left, and my friends will be amazed at how quickly a month goes by. I know I'm ridiculous... But for some reason I had forgotten these facts.

With that said, I am going to be entering a whole new world as soon as I leave Bergstrom International Airport in Austin. I am going to have my mind set on one thing, and it is not the world I am leaving behind. I cannot wait to look at those Ugandan children and those African people and say to them, "Mulege mutegēre Mukama nga mulūngi; Awere'dwa omukisa oyo amwesiga!"

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him!"
Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

  1. We will all miss you Becks!!! Even though life is going on, it won't be the same since you aren't here... :(

    ReplyDelete