"Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart, in the company of the upright, in the congregation. Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them. Full of splendor and majesty is his work, and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and merciful."
Psalm 111:1-4
I think one of the things I've recently become most excited about regarding my trip to Africa is the atmosphere. I mean, I am going to be surrounded by beauty in every aspect- beautiful people, beautiful singing, beautiful dancing, beautiful scenery. I will get to wake up to this everyday:

That is Lake Victoria, the third largest lake in the world, and my home for the month of June. I can't help but think I'm going to break down in humility every time I see the sunrise over the lake in the morning or the sunset before bedtime. I know I'm going to cry more for the 28 days I'm overseas than I ever have in my life. And I'm okay with that!
There is a song written by Michael Bleeker (who is awesome, by the way) that I absolutely love. I have been listening to it on repeat the last few days, and have recently decided it to make it my prayer. I want to shout these words to God, not just while I'm in Uganda, but every day, forever. Here's my prayer:
Take me far away from here.
Save me from this world of fear.
Break me from the things I hold so near,
They’re so far from You.
Reveal to me what You want me to do,
And place me where Your will draws me to.
Lord, be pleased with the worship I bring to You.
I sing to You, I shout to You:
Here I am, send me out, let me shine for Your glory!
I will read, I’ll live out and proclaim Your Word!
Take me now, show me how I need to live not for me,
But for You and Your glory.
"No one after lighting a lamp covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a stand, so that those who enter may see the light. For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light. Take care then how you hear, for to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away."
Luke 8:16-18
"I COUNT EVERYTHING AS LOSS BECAUSE OF THE SURPASSING WORTH OF KNOWING CHRIST JESUS MY LORD."
Philippians 3:8
No comments:
Post a Comment