Happy Day-to-Celebrate-Moms! I figured I'd use this paragraph to take a quick break from Uganda news to express my thankfulness for my mother. Here is how I would describe Linda in 5 short sentences:
-She loves Jesus.
-She loves her family.
-She's insanely supportive and encouraging.
-She's hilarious.
-She's one of my best friends.
So, Mom... Thanks for being you. I absolutely love you.

It seems that I can't get on this blog without thanking God for his blessings and faithfulness. But it's true, He is good! This morning I went to church with my parents. Every time I go to Central, I am always so blessed by the hugs and smiles I receive from people I haven't seen in a while. Not only that, but I am always amazed by the love I feel from people there. This morning, I was given an EXTREMELY generous donation from my former 4th grade Sunday school teacher. I was moved to tears... Literally.
That has led me to this conclusion- God works in the most unpredictable, mind-blowing ways. I believe that He desires to do things in the way that will bring Himself the most glory; He works things out for the good of those who love Him, and so that all praise is returned to Himself. God desires our complete, selfless praise. To God be the glory! As said by Steve Fee...
Glory to God, glory to God, glory to God, forever!
Glory to God, glory to God, glory to God, forever!
Creator God, you gave me breath so I could praise Your great and matchless name all my days.
So let my whole life be a blazing offering, a life that shouts and sings the greatness of the King!
"Now to Him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith- to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ!"
Romans 16:25-27
"Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?"
Exodus 15:11
No comments:
Post a Comment