Tonight, I was blessed beyond explanation. Ten of my wonderful friends circled around me and prayed- thanking God for His faithfulness, asking for His grace, and pleading with Him to prepare me and work through me as I go to Uganda. Words do not do it justice, but I will attempt to describe the night.
As soon as I get home from Uganda, I will be living with the lovely Jenny Lowder. She is THE BEST. She invited my closest friends/family over to her house for the purpose of prayer. And not only was there prayer, but there was deep intercession with a Spirit who was present and active amongst us. My great friends begged God to protect me, prepare me, and grow me in ways and in situations I hadn't even thought of. My heart is still completely overwhelmed with the confidence that God is going to continue to show up and be faithful when I can't feel Him or am caught up in doubt.
I hope they know how much their support and their prayers mean to me. I have no doubt that in 40 days when I'm laying on my cot in Uganda, emotionally drained and yearning for God, I will be able to hear their voices echoing in my head: "You are all we need, God; You are enough... Do not let Satan touch her, Father... Have your glory, Jesus..."
Pray that our faiths may grow strong so that our love grows deeper. "Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading" -Oswald Chambers. Pray that we may truly know God and better understand His character, that we give God the glory for ALL things, that we bow before Him humbly and rejoice with thankfulness, that we fall in love with scripture as God speaks to us through His word, and that we are open to His call and move to the sound of His voice.
"Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things He has done for you."
1 Samuel 12:24
"Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created."
Revelation 4:11
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment